I had not updated the blog in a while... mainly because I didn't feel like it.
Life had fallen to some sort of a pattern. We would go every morning, 5 days a week, to the radiation centre, get Madam sedated and get the treatment done. Then we would come home and relax. Over the weekend when the IV is off, we would go out somewhere for a good meal or somewhere for her to play and that's about it. Work in office was lean thanks to the holiday season, so it was all very laid back.
A couple of glitches along the way were when Madam caught a flu and fever and the rash breakouts on her hand every time the IV is taken out. Five continuous days of the bound arms in the hot, humid weather wasn't pleasant and she got heat rashes. But I would say, amongst everything else, these were minor glitches. Good news is that we have only 7 more of these treatment sessions to go for and the treatment would be completed on January 10th. So am very much looking forward to that.
On the bright side, my film continues to do well. I have been told that I have won Best Director at the Jodhpur International Film Festival which is to happen in February. It would be my first Best Director award, so that is great! The film has also won the Best Cinematography award at the same festival, making it 6 awards in total for us.
Even better, it has been confirmed that we are officially selected for Thrissur International Film Festival - which means I finally get to screen the film in my hometown! Not just that, my technical crew and I have been invited to give a workshop on low budget film making to the delegates of the festival! How freaking cool is that!! Am terribly excited about this one!
Also, the film was screened at the Kalyan International Film Festival where it had received a nomination for Best Regional Film Award. I couldn't attend the festival myself, but I heard via my co-producer who was there, that the audience thoroughly enjoyed the film. Apparently here was much discussion on the nuances in the concept and script and I was thrilled to know about all that! I was also thrilled that my best friend since school also made her way to watch the film - she is a home maker, so she actually got her husband to take half day leave to pick up their son from school and then made her way to the festival. How sweet is that!
In other news, I also managed to revamp my website www.shilpakrishnanshukla.com. This website was originally created by the husband as a 30th birthday gift for me and was full of love and praises for me (*blush*). However, that wouldn't do for an "official page", so all the love and praise have been stripped but the domain has been maintained to feature all my film and other works. Am happy about finally getting that job done!
So there many things to rejoice. But for me, the biggest one is that life has fallen into a routine with no surprises. And I can't begin to tell you how really awesome that feels.
215 more to go.
Life had fallen to some sort of a pattern. We would go every morning, 5 days a week, to the radiation centre, get Madam sedated and get the treatment done. Then we would come home and relax. Over the weekend when the IV is off, we would go out somewhere for a good meal or somewhere for her to play and that's about it. Work in office was lean thanks to the holiday season, so it was all very laid back.
A couple of glitches along the way were when Madam caught a flu and fever and the rash breakouts on her hand every time the IV is taken out. Five continuous days of the bound arms in the hot, humid weather wasn't pleasant and she got heat rashes. But I would say, amongst everything else, these were minor glitches. Good news is that we have only 7 more of these treatment sessions to go for and the treatment would be completed on January 10th. So am very much looking forward to that.
On the bright side, my film continues to do well. I have been told that I have won Best Director at the Jodhpur International Film Festival which is to happen in February. It would be my first Best Director award, so that is great! The film has also won the Best Cinematography award at the same festival, making it 6 awards in total for us.
Even better, it has been confirmed that we are officially selected for Thrissur International Film Festival - which means I finally get to screen the film in my hometown! Not just that, my technical crew and I have been invited to give a workshop on low budget film making to the delegates of the festival! How freaking cool is that!! Am terribly excited about this one!
Also, the film was screened at the Kalyan International Film Festival where it had received a nomination for Best Regional Film Award. I couldn't attend the festival myself, but I heard via my co-producer who was there, that the audience thoroughly enjoyed the film. Apparently here was much discussion on the nuances in the concept and script and I was thrilled to know about all that! I was also thrilled that my best friend since school also made her way to watch the film - she is a home maker, so she actually got her husband to take half day leave to pick up their son from school and then made her way to the festival. How sweet is that!
In other news, I also managed to revamp my website www.shilpakrishnanshukla.com. This website was originally created by the husband as a 30th birthday gift for me and was full of love and praises for me (*blush*). However, that wouldn't do for an "official page", so all the love and praise have been stripped but the domain has been maintained to feature all my film and other works. Am happy about finally getting that job done!
So there many things to rejoice. But for me, the biggest one is that life has fallen into a routine with no surprises. And I can't begin to tell you how really awesome that feels.
215 more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment