Monday, March 28, 2016

Day 10: Vasisthasana - Check!


.... and we are back to yoga!

I was wondering how long it would take before I start filling the blog with my yoga stories.

Of course, as everyone knows, I was always interested in yoga. In fact, last year during our hectic shooting schedule in Abu Dhabi,  I even did quick 20 minute yoga sessions every day without fail, much to the amusement of my cast and crew who kept teasing me about it.

My precious exercise log tells me that I exercised an average of 4 times a week last year and at least half of it was yoga - i.e. about 2 times per week.

This year, I seem to have taken to it more than ever because now am averaging about 3x a week of yoga!

And it seems to be working well, because as I was following yet another YouTube yoga flow video, I realized that I can finally do Vasisthasana or the Side Plank Pose! Phew!

In all this time, the side plank was never within reach for me, thanks to my absolute lack of upper body strength. The other pose that is a far cry right now, due to this lack of upper body strength, is Chaturanga Dandasana or the Four Limbed Staff Pose, but let us focus on the good news here.

So yes, the good news is that I could finally do the Vasisthasana and even hold it until the lady in the video asked it to be held - I could finally stack the hips and the legs, I could stretch out the arms and I could balance. My left side Vasisthasana was a bit wobbly but I could still hold on to it. In a nutshell, it was a pretty awesome yoga practice! Totally made my day !

490 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment