Yesterday Madam passed a major milestone - she finally let go off her habit of drinking from her bottle!
About a year ago, I had actually successfully weaned her off the bottle, but as soon as I left for a business trip, my helper and my hubby brought the habit back to calm her down during crying fits caused by a flu. It frustrated me to no end to see all that hard work go wasted, so I completely gave up on it after that. But now it seemed like the the right time to give it another shot, because she will be starting school in April and I wanted to get rid of the habit prior to that.
So over the last few days I prepped her with the story of a Dudu-Fairy who collects Dudu bottles from good children and in turn give them gifts. At first Madam didn't fall for the bribe of a gift, but yesterday morning, she suggested that maybe she should collect the gift from Dudu-Fairy as soon as possible, lest it goes to some other child.
So there was much celebration. We wrote a letter to Dudu Fairy (Madam dictated, I wrote), she 'decorated' it with colours, we put the letter and the two milk bottles in a bag and left it at the door overnight.
Of course, she had a tough time falling asleep. I went through story after story, played game after game, the hubby carried her and walked around, before she finally drifted off to sleep.
This morning, Madam woke to find that the bottles are indeed gone and the Dudu Fairy had left a letter and a toy for her at the same spot near the door. She excitedly picked up the gift and proclaimed, "Am such a good girl! The Dudu bottles are gone! Thank you Dudu Fairy!"
And that point in time, Madam's Mummy felt rather smug.
491 more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment