Thursday, May 5, 2016

Days 45 - 48 : Palace, People & a Great Business Trip!

I have to say the London business trip was one of the best so far!

For once, I actually had time to go out and explore the city not one day but two! This is a big change from sitting inside a hotel and shuttling to and from meetings all day, every day.

On day 2, May 2nd, my cousin sister who is based in London, came down to meet me with her family. I had a four hour break mid-day, so we had lunch together and then they took me to the Buckingham Palace and the St. James Park right next to it. We walked for hours in that area, taking in the lovely weather, watching the glorious tulips in full bloom, marveling at the the palace and the guards of course, being part of the numerous tourists and locals who were having as nice a time as us, and being amused by the antics of the ducks, swans, sea gulls, pigeons and what not in and around the pools in the park. It was perfect! I have been to London a few years ago just for a couple of days, but this time I felt like I immersed myself better - we even took the London Tube (even though there is nothing really to write home about on that one)!

May 3rd was choked with meetings but I enjoyed them because I got to once again meet with all the wonderful people from my team from the US, and it was fun!

May 4th was my flight back home. It was pretty eventless other than of course my routine movie marathon watching. I watched the English film "Her" (really interesting concept and acting but rather overboard with all that sexual stuff), a comedy called "The Heat" which was fun and the Hindi film "Phantom" which was way better than Kabir Khan's previous rubbish called "Ek Tha Tiger". Overall, once again I enjoyed my long flight and the only real "me time" I ever seem to get!

I got home in the morning on May 5th to a rather excited little Madam. The day was spent in recovering from the trip, sleeping away the fatigue, catching up on emails, playing with Madam and spending time with the dad and the husband as well.

It was a good business trip and it is great to be back home!

452 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment