Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day 60 : The Joy of Juicing!

Here's one of the rare posts from me on the joys of healthy eating. Of course, it is not something I practice religiously but it does feel good to think that I do it at times and that I can show off my wisdom about it.

Thanks to the hectic post production schedule and trying to juggle work and everything else with it, my eating and sleeping cycles had gone out of whack. For a few days, we were eating the heaviest masala dosas at midnight or popping in another slice of pizza at 3am. It was terrible! As a result of it, I had been feeling  bloated and uncomfortable and even the short bouts of yoga here and there didn't completely make up for the abuse.

So, for the last couple of days, I had been having juices for breakfast and dinner. Not the fruit juices that are loaded with sugar, but nice, heavy smoothies of raw vegetables and fruits.

I hate salads, so a few months ago, I had invested in the $75 Nutribullet - an amazing invention for making juices of vegetables, fruits and seeds that even someone as useless-in-kitchen as me can easily get to work. I had been using it on and off too - mainly for my breakfast, as I need something to gulp down quickly. The good thing about the Nutribullet is that it smashes up even the fiber and absolutely nothing goes waste, not even the seeds! In fact, sometimes I add things like pumpkin seeds for good effect.

Over the last couple of days, I decided to make full use of my purchase and had been using it for breakfast and dinner. Usually it is a mix of mixed garden greens that you get for making salads (so things like romaine lettuce), as well as any fruit that's in the house - apples, grapes, bananas, pomegranates etc.

It's probably all psychological, but am already feeling less bloated, lighter and generally of a better opinion of what my body feels.

So there, to the joy of juicing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment