I have never been a clubbing person. The loud music, the smoke, the close proximity of people and the freestyle dancing - none of that is my cup of tea. So I try my best to avoid any such occasion where I might have to enter one.
However, today my friends managed to drag me to a club. We had met for a celebratory dinner for my entreprenuer husband's successful investment round for his company. And as part of the celebrations some of the folks, including the husband, were keen to go to a club.
So I tagged along - but only after making it pretty clear that I would not be dancing.
So there I was - in an Indian club, with Bollywood "item" songs blaring, sitting in a corner and watching the proceedings.
And I actually had fun! The songs were catchy enough (the DJ even played the dhol, and I am always a dhol fan), the people were amusing enough, and my friends who kept checking in on me to see if I were "OK" sitting in that corner on my own, well they were cute enough.
Nett, I had an unexpectedly decent time in a club!
334 more to go.
However, today my friends managed to drag me to a club. We had met for a celebratory dinner for my entreprenuer husband's successful investment round for his company. And as part of the celebrations some of the folks, including the husband, were keen to go to a club.
So I tagged along - but only after making it pretty clear that I would not be dancing.
So there I was - in an Indian club, with Bollywood "item" songs blaring, sitting in a corner and watching the proceedings.
And I actually had fun! The songs were catchy enough (the DJ even played the dhol, and I am always a dhol fan), the people were amusing enough, and my friends who kept checking in on me to see if I were "OK" sitting in that corner on my own, well they were cute enough.
Nett, I had an unexpectedly decent time in a club!
334 more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment