For the first time in a long, long while, I have had a relatively relaxed work week. Not too many meetings, not too many deadlines to meet (at least not any that caused any stress), no calls at night, no travel. And the movie is done too, so no work there either. It's been an incredibly quiet week and I can't begin to say how much I am enjoying it!
I have plenty of time to spend with Madam - we play together, we draw together, we watch films together and we learn together. I downloaded a few apps that can teach her phonics and reading and they seem to work really well.
And incredibly enough just that bit of extra attention to her seems to have gotten her to do better in her school work too - she has had two encouraging notes from her teachers this week for how well she did her weekly show & tell. While that's not unusual for her English show & tell, it was the first time she was getting that for her Hindi class, which was great! She has also improved in her comprehension and writing of small letters in English, which is also great.
I don't really bother much about how fast she is learning or whether she is at par with her peers, but it was fascinating to see how even such little extra effort was helping her so much. Lesson learnt, I suppose.
This quiet period isn't going to last for too long - to start off, I have three trips to China coming up in the next one month. But for as long as it lasts, am going to enjoy every bit of it.
328 more to go.
I have plenty of time to spend with Madam - we play together, we draw together, we watch films together and we learn together. I downloaded a few apps that can teach her phonics and reading and they seem to work really well.
And incredibly enough just that bit of extra attention to her seems to have gotten her to do better in her school work too - she has had two encouraging notes from her teachers this week for how well she did her weekly show & tell. While that's not unusual for her English show & tell, it was the first time she was getting that for her Hindi class, which was great! She has also improved in her comprehension and writing of small letters in English, which is also great.
I don't really bother much about how fast she is learning or whether she is at par with her peers, but it was fascinating to see how even such little extra effort was helping her so much. Lesson learnt, I suppose.
This quiet period isn't going to last for too long - to start off, I have three trips to China coming up in the next one month. But for as long as it lasts, am going to enjoy every bit of it.
328 more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment