After attempting Bho Shambho, Alaripppu and a Thillana, as of today, I am starting to learn a full fledged 35 minute Varnam for my Bharatanatyam practice. What a varnam is very well explained here.
Yup, 35 minutes. And am at minute 4. One needs to note that the first 2 minutes was spent in singing by the vocalist, so effectively that's 2 minutes of dance.
The rhythm and footwork is so complicated that I am struggling to figure out just what on earth is going on. This is the most frustrating downside of having to learn off Youtube videos. A real teacher in front would have made this way easier.
Anyway, now that the challenge has been taken up, I want to see through this. If all goes well, maybe in 2 - 3 months I can come back and say that I have completed learning it!
For today, I am happy that I took up the 35 minute Varnam Challenge!
Yup, 35 minutes. And am at minute 4. One needs to note that the first 2 minutes was spent in singing by the vocalist, so effectively that's 2 minutes of dance.
The rhythm and footwork is so complicated that I am struggling to figure out just what on earth is going on. This is the most frustrating downside of having to learn off Youtube videos. A real teacher in front would have made this way easier.
Anyway, now that the challenge has been taken up, I want to see through this. If all goes well, maybe in 2 - 3 months I can come back and say that I have completed learning it!
For today, I am happy that I took up the 35 minute Varnam Challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment