Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Day 5: My Three Year Old Grandmother

As I mentioned in a previous post, I respectfully call my 3 year old daughter 'Madam', because she truly behaves like my grandmother at times. .

Sample this. Today I was sitting in the study room and getting some urgent work done. She came over with her dad and asked me to join them for storytelling. I was completely immersed in what I was doing so I didn't pay attention at first.

Madam: Mummy, come. Queen! 
Hubby: It is not 'Queen' darling. It is 'Quick'!
Madam: No, I am saying 'Queen'. I am talking to Mummy and she is not listening to me. She is a QUEEN. 

Oh dear Lord.

Then she went over to my Mom who is visiting and told her that what she was wearing wasn't really nice. "I think you should wear something else", were her exact words.

Later, I asked the hubby whether he remembered to take a medicine in the morning and he said no. Just before I was about to go into a long lecture on his need to be more responsible for himself, Madam interfered, "Why didn't you take your medicine, Papa? You go take it now. You are a big boy. You need to learn."

As for me, I have learnt that "3 years old" is indeed a great, wise age to be.

495 more to go.



2 comments:

  1. We have a stand-up meeting at Teamie everyday. One day, you must bring Madam and let her conduct it. I'll suggest to shivanu!

    ReplyDelete