Notice the three exclamation marks in the title - quite an unusual thing as far as my blog titles go. But that is HOW FREAKING EXCITED I am! The last three days had been crazy - I had been up and about with a constant adrenaline rush and on four hours of sleep daily (as opposed to my eight comfy hours, so it is a big deal).
This is because the editor, the sound designer and the music composer are in town and we have been working on the post production for my feature film! We started the work off in my place but then shifted it to my friend's house because of the expected late hours and Madam and we didn't want to get in each other's way. This friend is also the leading lady of the film and I have to say that she treated us like royalty as always. Unlike me who relies solely on our helper for home cooked food, she ensured that we were constantly fed and taken care of by cooking herself, on top of all the other work like dubbing, dancing, meditating, exercising etc. that she does. It was amazing!
Anyway, coming back to post production - it was SO COOL to see the movie coming to completion. It is a super, super simple film. Two characters - that's it. The two actors and three crew members including myself, the camera man as well as the cinematographer cum editor cum driver, drove around the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and pretty much shot this entire movie over a week. It is that simple and low key a production. Yet, I am SO HAPPY that it has turned out the way it has! Really, really thrilled about it which you would have figured from all the CAPITAL letters and the number of times I keep repeating a word like "really really"!
Every time an edit felt so smooth, every time a music fitted the scene like a glove, every time the completed sound of scene made it seem like it's been done by a full blown production house, I felt awesome! I loved how the dubs that the cast and I had worked so hard over the last few months sounded so good! The sound designer, a young chap and a first timer on our team, was so dedicated and good at his work! Oh, and I also loved how I had to dub a few lines (like you see, two lines) for a supporting character.
And then I got to see the first draft of the trailer which was amazing! I mean, the guy edited a two hour movie to a trailer in like four hours or so and it felt so right! Mindblowing!
It's been many many hours of back breaking work but I needed this. I so needed this. Just to spend a few days thinking of nothing else than my film and being amazed by the talents all around. We really do make a fantastic team and I can't thank God enough for making everything happen the way it did.
Last but in no way the least, the husband and Madam have been incredible supportive. The husband had to manage her all on his own the whole of Sunday since the helper was on her off-day, and every day I had been returning home well past 3am, so it was all him each evening. I was so guilt ridden throughout for being "selfish" but all credit to the husband that he didn't once complain!
And on Mother's day, when I returned home all red eyed and fatigued, I find this little gift set waiting for my on my bed, complete with flowers and a hand drawn beautiful card. Needless to say, I was an emotional pulp.
Indeed, I can't thank God enough!
448 more to go.
This is because the editor, the sound designer and the music composer are in town and we have been working on the post production for my feature film! We started the work off in my place but then shifted it to my friend's house because of the expected late hours and Madam and we didn't want to get in each other's way. This friend is also the leading lady of the film and I have to say that she treated us like royalty as always. Unlike me who relies solely on our helper for home cooked food, she ensured that we were constantly fed and taken care of by cooking herself, on top of all the other work like dubbing, dancing, meditating, exercising etc. that she does. It was amazing!
Anyway, coming back to post production - it was SO COOL to see the movie coming to completion. It is a super, super simple film. Two characters - that's it. The two actors and three crew members including myself, the camera man as well as the cinematographer cum editor cum driver, drove around the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and pretty much shot this entire movie over a week. It is that simple and low key a production. Yet, I am SO HAPPY that it has turned out the way it has! Really, really thrilled about it which you would have figured from all the CAPITAL letters and the number of times I keep repeating a word like "really really"!
Every time an edit felt so smooth, every time a music fitted the scene like a glove, every time the completed sound of scene made it seem like it's been done by a full blown production house, I felt awesome! I loved how the dubs that the cast and I had worked so hard over the last few months sounded so good! The sound designer, a young chap and a first timer on our team, was so dedicated and good at his work! Oh, and I also loved how I had to dub a few lines (like you see, two lines) for a supporting character.
And then I got to see the first draft of the trailer which was amazing! I mean, the guy edited a two hour movie to a trailer in like four hours or so and it felt so right! Mindblowing!
It's been many many hours of back breaking work but I needed this. I so needed this. Just to spend a few days thinking of nothing else than my film and being amazed by the talents all around. We really do make a fantastic team and I can't thank God enough for making everything happen the way it did.
Last but in no way the least, the husband and Madam have been incredible supportive. The husband had to manage her all on his own the whole of Sunday since the helper was on her off-day, and every day I had been returning home well past 3am, so it was all him each evening. I was so guilt ridden throughout for being "selfish" but all credit to the husband that he didn't once complain!
And on Mother's day, when I returned home all red eyed and fatigued, I find this little gift set waiting for my on my bed, complete with flowers and a hand drawn beautiful card. Needless to say, I was an emotional pulp.
Indeed, I can't thank God enough!
448 more to go.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Shilpa...that's was such a sweet surprise on Mothers day
ReplyDeletethank you so much, anita! :) hope you are doing well!
Deletethank you so much, anita! :) hope you are doing well!
Delete