Monday, November 21, 2016

Days 240 - 245 : Six Days, Six Festivals, One Award!

It has been an incredible week! We actually got official selection into SIX festivals and even picked up an award, and the last three were all confirmed today, the 21st of November (something must have been really right with my planetary alignments today!)

1) First and foremost, is Nevada Film Festival! Am gonna borrow my Facebook post for this one. 

In 2011, my first feature film "Mausams" won the Silver Screen award at the Nevada Film Festival. So when I applied again in 2016 with "Pularum Iniyum Naalekal" I was secretly hoping for at least a Golden Reel or maybe even a Platinum Reel award if the gods would be kind enough, because you know... the jury at Nevada seem to like my style of film making and I personally think PIN is a better made film than Mausams.
The festival just announced the 2016 winners and little did I expect the outcome ... because we didn't win the Silver or the Golden or the Platinum awards. 
We actually won the "BEST FOREIGN FILM"!!! 
How awesome is that?! The gods are indeed very very kind! 

The list of other festivals are as follows: 

2) Official Selection, The Mespies, 2017 

3) Official Selection, Jodhpur International Film Festival, 2016

4) Official Selection, Buddha International Film Festival, 2017 

(I heard about #2 - #4 all today!)

5) Official Selection, UK Monthly Movie Awards 

6) And last but not the least, Official Selection at the 6th Female Film Festival of Kerala, 2016. And the best part about this one? I would actually be attending the festival in Trivandrum in December over a weekend! I am SO freaking excited! 

All I can say is am so thankful with all the blessings the universe is sending my way, even as the 5 weeks of radiation therapy is looming ahead. This is the best dose of distraction ever. And I am so thankful for that! 

256 more to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment