Saturday, April 30, 2016

Day 43: Breathe in, Breathe out!

The day started off with me dropping a humongous metallic plate on to my toes.

I had wanted the husband to practice yoga with me, and to make space for the both of us in the study room, I lifted up a chair and shifted it outside. In the process, the base of the chair which was a huge and heavy metallic plate, unexpectedly came off and unceremoniously dropped on to my toes.

For a few moments I saw all kinds of stars. The pain was incredible and I could see my big toe transform into an unhealthy shade of purplish blue. 

I wanted to scream and cry from the throbbing pain but instead, I breathed through it. 

One of the things you learn in yoga is the art of breathing in and out through muscles, limbs, tendons that are tight and uncomfortable. So I used the same technique - and took long, full breaths and imagined them to move on to that poor smashed toe, to rejuvenate them. 

After a while, even though the pain continued to throb and the purplish hue of the toe looked just as ugly, I no longer wanted to shout to cry out. The breathing technique seemed to have worked and I told myself that I will follow this technique to get myself out of all sorts of painful situations from now on. 

I proceeded to practice yoga - even though making variations to the routine to ensure I do not put unnecessary strain on the damaged toe. Later, I went for dubbing where I had a good catch up conversation with the cast and a bit of dub work done. Then it was time for one last family outing before my trip to London tomorrow - so the husband, my dad, Madam and I went off to Marina Bay Sands for dinner. We ate at TWG which served surprisingly good food for just a tea place. 

A day that started off with a painful morning, ended up being a rather fulfilling one by the end of it. I continued to breathe deeply in and out, and sent out a little prayer of gratitude. 

457 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment