Friday, April 15, 2016

Days 24 - 28 : Five Days of Grind in Chicago.

I don’t really want to club blog entries but I am at the end of my 5 day business trip in Chicago and I am, to say the very least, wiped out. I have been having meetings non stop from 8am to 9pm every day, with stops for only breakfast, lunch and dinner in between, some of which also ended up being working meals. Except for the team dinner on Thursday night, I didn’t even once step out of the hotel, not even for a breath of fresh air. It was crazy, I am exhausted and I can’t wait to get back home.

But I am happy for a number of reasons.

For getting to see in person all the wonderful teammates from all over the world on Monday.
For being able to squeeze a few rounds of Surya Namaskar in spite of the hectic schedule on Tuesday.
For having a brilliant conversation and many laughs with two colleagues over a working dinner, that turned out be a non-working fun dinner on Wednesday.
For giving a well-accepted presentation on Thursday.
For having a great sense of achievement on all the work accomplished and for the feeling that I would miss many of these wonderful people as I return to Singapore on Friday.

For the above and many more, I am truly thankful.

Now for the arduous return journey back!

472 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment