Another series of Eka Uvacha.
She wanted to get married, very badly.
"Can I marry Papa?"
"No, he is already married to Mummy."
"Can I marry Dadu?"
"No, he is already married to Dadi."
"Can I marry Tau?"
"No, he is already married to Tai. Why don't you pick someone of your age?"
"How about Kabir?" (Kabir is her best friend).
"Sure."
"But I can marry him only during outings." (Basically she sees him only during outings.)
"Hmm... yes, there are practical challenges to that."
"I will just marry you, Mummy."
Thus we got married.
And her grandmom happily declared "And you will live happily ever after!"
To which Madam said, rather crossly, "This is a real marriage. There is no 'happily ever after' in a real marriage."
Amen.
410 more to go.
She wanted to get married, very badly.
"Can I marry Papa?"
"No, he is already married to Mummy."
"Can I marry Dadu?"
"No, he is already married to Dadi."
"Can I marry Tau?"
"No, he is already married to Tai. Why don't you pick someone of your age?"
"How about Kabir?" (Kabir is her best friend).
"Sure."
"But I can marry him only during outings." (Basically she sees him only during outings.)
"Hmm... yes, there are practical challenges to that."
"I will just marry you, Mummy."
Thus we got married.
And her grandmom happily declared "And you will live happily ever after!"
To which Madam said, rather crossly, "This is a real marriage. There is no 'happily ever after' in a real marriage."
Amen.
410 more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment