Seems like am on a mission.
It is to get people around me practice more of yoga, correctly.
So first I started with the husband. He always liked yoga but isn't motivated enough to do it at home frequently. So I nagged him enough that he joined me at home, not once but two days in a row.
Then I moved on to the dad in law. He actually does some form of yoga every day, but I wanted him to try the joy of a proper class from an expert - so he can make sure the alignments are correct. So we played Nikki Doan's beginner's ashtanga yoga video and did that for an hour.
Then I bugged my film's editor - a complete novice who has been procrastinating for way too long - over WhatsApp sufficiently enough, sent him a short 12-minute video on Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) meant for beginners, and told him he may no longer edit any of my films if he doesn't get moving. So he did. And thanked me for it.
Smugness.
Needless to say, Madam joined every session at home too.
And let me wrap up with my show off shot for the day. That's (Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana) Compass pose! OK fine, I can't do it as well on my left side, but let's not get into technicalities, shall we? It took me years to get here, so am over the moon!
It is to get people around me practice more of yoga, correctly.
So first I started with the husband. He always liked yoga but isn't motivated enough to do it at home frequently. So I nagged him enough that he joined me at home, not once but two days in a row.
The Husband, Madam & I
| Dad in Law & I (Madam left her mat midway) |
Smugness.
Needless to say, Madam joined every session at home too.
And let me wrap up with my show off shot for the day. That's (Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana) Compass pose! OK fine, I can't do it as well on my left side, but let's not get into technicalities, shall we? It took me years to get here, so am over the moon!
![]() |
| Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana |
414 more to go.


No comments:
Post a Comment