It was yet another China trip with the highlights being (other than a couple of smooth work days) :
1) The Tamil film "Irudhi Suttru" which has what I believe one of the best female debuts on Indian cinema by Ritika Singh. The film is a well taken typical sports drama, but I was completely blown away by her performance. She was absolutely spectacular with her very natural portrayal of a foul-mouthed fisherwoman who takes up women's boxing. What more, she is not a Tamilian but can give all other South and North Indian actresses who make a mess of lip syncing in Tamil, a run for their money!
2) I managed to make about 10 pages of progress on my film script. Now I am officially stuck. I have the bits and pieces in my head but it is not flowing anymore. Time to take break, dream about it, and then get back when the time is ready.
3) I complete yet another book from the Inspector Singh series written by Shamini Flint. This time it was "A Calamitous Chinese Killing".
All in all, a happy Chinese trip!
1) The Tamil film "Irudhi Suttru" which has what I believe one of the best female debuts on Indian cinema by Ritika Singh. The film is a well taken typical sports drama, but I was completely blown away by her performance. She was absolutely spectacular with her very natural portrayal of a foul-mouthed fisherwoman who takes up women's boxing. What more, she is not a Tamilian but can give all other South and North Indian actresses who make a mess of lip syncing in Tamil, a run for their money!
2) I managed to make about 10 pages of progress on my film script. Now I am officially stuck. I have the bits and pieces in my head but it is not flowing anymore. Time to take break, dream about it, and then get back when the time is ready.
3) I complete yet another book from the Inspector Singh series written by Shamini Flint. This time it was "A Calamitous Chinese Killing".
All in all, a happy Chinese trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment