Thursday, October 27, 2016

Days 218 - 220 : China again!

Yup, I found myself back in China, for the second time within 2 weeks!

The key highlight was the food this time. Our global CMO was in the town and she ensured the team went out for dinners on both the days I happened to be there.

On the first day we went to Mr & Mrs Bund on the Bund in Shanghai, which is like one of those super high end Michelin star restaurants or in my CMO's own words, "One of the best restaurants in the world!". And the food didn't disappoint at all.

On the second evening, we made our way to Chinese restaurant that specializes in the hairy crabs that Shanghai is famous for, also a Michelin star one, if I may add. I avoided the crab, but gorged myself on everything else that was laid out on the table, topping it all up with some Chinese rice wine (too strong!).

The downside was that I had a horrible experience travelling back because of continuous delay in the flight timings thanks to Shanghai's overcrowded airspace. But that was more or less compensated by the really cool Italian film I watched called "The Perfect Strangers"on the flight. It was a super low budget film - set over a dinner party and featuring 7 characters - but with absolutely brilliant writing, direction and performances. Loved it!

Thus wrapped up yet another, and hopefully the last for the year, China trip.

280 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment