It was a day of surprises, to say the least.
Firstly, I woke up to Surprise no. 1 - this fantastic view of the terrace farms right from our room!
I honestly had no idea I had booked a villa right in the middle of some of the famed terrace farms of Bali! The Airbnb profile had not given that away - or at least I didn't see anything of the sort.
So this basically meant that I was absolutely delighted at what I saw and couldn't stop raving about it!
Over our breakfast of eggs, fruits, toast, banana pancake, juice and tea at an equally adorable dining area at the villa, we saw ducks, roosters, honey bees, farmers, rice being laid on the floor for drying, young boys training for sports, old folks fit as army men/women and what not. It was almost like every single thing fascinated me!
Post breakfast, we took the free shuttle service and made our way to Ubud centre. We hung out around the Ubud palace, shopped for a few trinkets in some of the 1000s of little shops, had some Balinese food and topped it all with ice cream.
Which brings me to Surprise no. 2 - while we were having our lunch, I heard a voice behind me "Shilpa alle?" ("Are you Shilpa?"). It was a lady who had recognized me from my sitcom Athazham! While I blinked at her open-mouthed, she went on to explain that she is living in Singapore, is visiting Bali with her family and has watched all the Athazham episodes. She also went on to add that everyone in her family, including her brother and his family in UK, are all "fans". Needless, to say, I was super duper surprised and of course, rather pleased about this unexpected "celebrity" moment. Being recognized in Bali from an online sitcom - seriously, who would have thought!
When we got back to the villa, we were served hot ginger tea and yummy banana fritters, which apparently comes free every afternoon - that would be Surprise no. 3!
After enjoying that lovely evening tea and fritters, Madam and I made our way to the swimming pool. I had sent our helper out on a half day tour, so at least she feels like she had seen around Bali. The husband and I had done all the touristy spots in our previous visit and were not keen on repeating them, especially with Madam in tow. So the helper went off to see Tanah Lot and the Royal Temple, while we chilled out at the villa.
After spending a considerable time in the pool Madam and I felt rather tired. So we ordered food early and she immediately dozed off after her dinner.
It was once again pitch dark outside, but I stepped out to the balcony to gaze at the stars and was rewarded with Surprise no. 4 - Fireflies! There were a few flying around, blinking on and off, just a few metres away. I was so excited!! I rushed back in and switched off the lights in our room so that they can be seen better and then dragged the husband out.
He and I spent some time enjoying the sight of these wonderful creatures, with darkness all around and the stars above and it all felt oh-so-perfect!
361 more to go.
Firstly, I woke up to Surprise no. 1 - this fantastic view of the terrace farms right from our room!
I honestly had no idea I had booked a villa right in the middle of some of the famed terrace farms of Bali! The Airbnb profile had not given that away - or at least I didn't see anything of the sort.
So this basically meant that I was absolutely delighted at what I saw and couldn't stop raving about it!
| View from our room at Inang Villa |
| View from the dining area at Inang Villa |
Post breakfast, we took the free shuttle service and made our way to Ubud centre. We hung out around the Ubud palace, shopped for a few trinkets in some of the 1000s of little shops, had some Balinese food and topped it all with ice cream.
Which brings me to Surprise no. 2 - while we were having our lunch, I heard a voice behind me "Shilpa alle?" ("Are you Shilpa?"). It was a lady who had recognized me from my sitcom Athazham! While I blinked at her open-mouthed, she went on to explain that she is living in Singapore, is visiting Bali with her family and has watched all the Athazham episodes. She also went on to add that everyone in her family, including her brother and his family in UK, are all "fans". Needless, to say, I was super duper surprised and of course, rather pleased about this unexpected "celebrity" moment. Being recognized in Bali from an online sitcom - seriously, who would have thought!
When we got back to the villa, we were served hot ginger tea and yummy banana fritters, which apparently comes free every afternoon - that would be Surprise no. 3!
After enjoying that lovely evening tea and fritters, Madam and I made our way to the swimming pool. I had sent our helper out on a half day tour, so at least she feels like she had seen around Bali. The husband and I had done all the touristy spots in our previous visit and were not keen on repeating them, especially with Madam in tow. So the helper went off to see Tanah Lot and the Royal Temple, while we chilled out at the villa.
| The pool at Inang Villa |
It was once again pitch dark outside, but I stepped out to the balcony to gaze at the stars and was rewarded with Surprise no. 4 - Fireflies! There were a few flying around, blinking on and off, just a few metres away. I was so excited!! I rushed back in and switched off the lights in our room so that they can be seen better and then dragged the husband out.
He and I spent some time enjoying the sight of these wonderful creatures, with darkness all around and the stars above and it all felt oh-so-perfect!
361 more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment