Friday, August 26, 2016

Days 155 - 159 : When the Going Gets Tough...!

This work week was probably the most hectic work week I have had this year. Reason being that my biggest deliverable for the year as well as a 4 - day training that included a case study presentation, all came at the same time.

So I don't remember much that happened over the last 5 days that disappeared in a whirlwind. But I can probably still recollect five things that were good.

1) The food at Basilico, the Italian buffet place at Hotel Regent, where we had the training. (Clearly I have my priorities right).
2) The fact that I actually completed my biggest deliverable for the year, on time and with precision, irrespective of the training that took up so much time.
3) The fact that the most appreciated part of the case study presentation was something that I had come up myself. Incredible ego boost. Also, much needed to feel good about the time and effort investment that went into it.
4) Some good folks I met at the training, whom I enjoyed interacting with.
5)  The incredible feeling of relief that washed over me as the training and the work week drew to a close. I was so relieved that I went back home and slept right away for a couple of hours. It was exhausting. But it was over. Phew.

Tough week. Am glad it's over but am even more glad that I enjoyed chunks of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment