Saturday, July 2, 2016

Day 105 : Malayalam Drama!

Once upon a time, I used to be an active member of the Malayalam theater scene in Singapore. That was, well, quite long a time ago. In fact, since then, there has not been much activity in the overall Malayalam theater front either. It had pretty much gone into hibernation.

So I was very excited when I realized there's going to be a Malayalam drama event - four short plays over one evening. I gathered my usual "Mallu gang" and four of us went to watch this historic event.

And it was fun!

Firstly, it was so good to see all the familiar faces from my Singapore Malayalee Association days. It used to be my home away from home for many years and I have a ton of friends there still.

Secondly, the plays themselves were well attempted, especially the first one called "Tadaka - the Dravidian Princess" which I enjoyed.

Thirdly, anything and everything that's done together with the "Mallu Gang" is fun, even if that means joking in our mother tongue and cracking up silly for no reason.

All in all, a wonderful evening!

395 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment