It was Fancy Dress day and Madam rocked it, in her own way.
The husband, the helper and I accompanied Madam to school. Once we got there, I quickly dressed her up in her "vegetable seller" costume and then we proceeded to the auditorium to watch the ongoing.
Madam came to the auditorium, together with her class, looking rather upset - reason being us leaving her behind with her teachers and friends. But she cheered up once she saw us and then joined her class happily.
Soon the event started. I was hoping that the other children's performances would inspire her to say her lines well. I had trained her to say "I am a vegetable seller. I sell vegetables because they are good for your health" (she added "and strength"). Then her dad added "Aloo lelo. Sabzi lelo". But I wasn't sure whether she would be comfortable enough to go up on stage and talk through the mic.
Many of the kids had dressed up as teachers and they would sing ABCD or say the numbers as part of their performance.
Soon it was Madam's turn. She very confidently walked up to the stage with her basket of vegetables, grabbed the mic like she has done it a million times and began.
"Hello, I am Eka. I am going to say ABCD and numbers. A B C D E.... "
There was clearly some confusion in her mind on the nature of a fancy dress event. Either that, or we were dealing with an identity crisis. It was hilarious!
The teachers and I waved to her and pointed to her vegetable basket. Then she got it. So she switched gears and said....
"I am a vegetable seller. I sell vegetables. They are good for health. I have aloos. I have carrots. Thank you." And then she smiled broadly because she knew she aced it!
I was indeed a very proud mom!
384 more to go.
The husband, the helper and I accompanied Madam to school. Once we got there, I quickly dressed her up in her "vegetable seller" costume and then we proceeded to the auditorium to watch the ongoing.
Madam came to the auditorium, together with her class, looking rather upset - reason being us leaving her behind with her teachers and friends. But she cheered up once she saw us and then joined her class happily.
Soon the event started. I was hoping that the other children's performances would inspire her to say her lines well. I had trained her to say "I am a vegetable seller. I sell vegetables because they are good for your health" (she added "and strength"). Then her dad added "Aloo lelo. Sabzi lelo". But I wasn't sure whether she would be comfortable enough to go up on stage and talk through the mic.
Many of the kids had dressed up as teachers and they would sing ABCD or say the numbers as part of their performance.
Soon it was Madam's turn. She very confidently walked up to the stage with her basket of vegetables, grabbed the mic like she has done it a million times and began.
"Hello, I am Eka. I am going to say ABCD and numbers. A B C D E.... "
There was clearly some confusion in her mind on the nature of a fancy dress event. Either that, or we were dealing with an identity crisis. It was hilarious!
The teachers and I waved to her and pointed to her vegetable basket. Then she got it. So she switched gears and said....
"I am a vegetable seller. I sell vegetables. They are good for health. I have aloos. I have carrots. Thank you." And then she smiled broadly because she knew she aced it!
I was indeed a very proud mom!
| Waiting for her turn! |
| Vegetable selling teacher, apparently. |
No comments:
Post a Comment