Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 114 : All's Well That Ends Well!

We got to Qlab early and spent the whole day there. I shuttled between the DI studio and sound mix studio and it was wonderful to see how the work progressed. By 10pm or so, Biju wrapped up about 80% of the DI and by 2am, Sinoy wrapped up the the sound mix for the key scenes that combined sound design, dubs and background score. It was amazing to be in the studio and see your film in the rich colours or listen to your film in a 5.1 surround atmosphere! I felt elated!

And what was more awesome was that at the end of it all Sinoy, who is a man of very few words, softly said, "The dialogues...". From his tone, I thought he was about to say that there are far too many dialogues in the film or that their quality left much to be desired. So I braced myself.

But then he progressed to say "The dialogues... they are so fresh. Not heard anything like this before. And there is so much to learn in this film. It is one of those that stays with you for long."

Wowwwww!!! I was so stunned! Those were the words from a national award winner who has worked on 100s of big films!!

Needless to say, I grinned non stop for the rest of the night!

There is much work left - the complete DI, the final subtitles, the final credits roll, the full final mix - both 5.1 and stereo versions and even some redubs since Sinoy said the tone of certain dubs weren't great. So yes, it is still a long way to go, but for today, am on top of the world!

If this isn't the perfect end to this fantastic trip, what is?!

386 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment