I got two lovely notes today.
One from a total stranger who had watched my sitcom series Athazham, and then proceeded to find my old blog, and then found me on Facebook and finally wrote me a note that was complimenting and supportive. She had a lot of nice things to say and it was sweet. Obviously gestures like that make me feel all nice and happy!
Another one was from a friend's wife whom I had met for the first time recently when they visited Singapore, and whom I had updated about Madam's tumor story. She wrote to me saying that she didn't know how to react then, but she wanted to extend her love and support. She had a lot of genuine and lovely things to say - my favourite being "The scenery on your path will be different than you imagined, but not any less beautiful". I feel like I made a friend for life! It is just amazing how people rally around in tough times. God bless her kind soul!
Last but not the least, I had the opportunity to spend some time with two aunties, who had welcomed me with open arms to their lives and homes when I first came to Singapore as a lost 16 year old and when I visited Singapore Kerala Association for the first time to rediscover my heavily missed Mallu roots. It's been almost two decades since then and I have always been in touch with them. One of them had migrated to Perth but was in town for a few weeks and I went to visit her today. I obviously had a great time, but it was great to see how Madam took to them too! She drew for them, sang for them, narrated stories for them and in return was showered with chocolates.
So yes, today was all about the good folks around!
368 more to go.
So yes, today was all about the good folks around!
368 more to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment